22/04/2011

cold and coughs

I tried to update this morning from my smartphone, by accessing LJ Mobile. Alas there seems to be too much glitches (or was it me being technologically incompetent?)

I'll try again later. It'd be so much more fun and journal-like if I can use LJ Mobile to update and do other things.

As of now, I am having a bout of cold. Runny nose, headache, sore throat, cervical lymph nodes making sure their presence are known... those kinds of things. Glad I don't have much of a temperature (yet), and still able to be up and about doing things.

Doing four weeks in a children's ward, where the kids cough, wheeze, sneeze into my face and drool all over my headscarf, I thought naaaah, these kids' germs are harmless. I was pretty sure I'll undergo the whole four weeks unscathed while enjoying the company of immensely cute, lively, big-eyed (albeit sick) kids.

Nevertheless it was on the very last day that my throat starts to get sore, and very rapidly the irritation spread to my nose.

Kifarah dosa, alhamdulillah.

I think I'll wear a surgical mask when I go out.

No comments:

Post a Comment